Minimum health and safety requirements for work with display screen equipment
1. Are there any display screen "users" habitually using screens as a significant part of their job? If so,
2. Do the display screens swivel and tilt easily ?
2.1 Are the screens free of reflective glare?
3. Are the keyboards tiltable and appropriately separated from the screens?
3.1 Is the space in front of the keyboards sufficiently large to support the hands and the arms of the operators?
3.2 Do the keyboards have a matt surface to avoid reflective glare?
3.3 Does the keyboard have a suitable arrangement of characters?
4. Are the work desks or surfaces sufficiently large and of low reflectance?
5. Are the work chairs stable and adjustable?
6. Are the lighting conditions satisfactory?
7. Does the equipment emit a distracting level of noise?
8. Are eye tests undertaken at regular intervals?
9. Are corrective appliances where required specifically for DSE use?
10. Do workers have good variation of tasks and take regular breaks from DSE use?
11. Is training undertaken regarding workstation set up and risks?