1. To maintain and to promote permanent contact between the member industrial organizations and to act as the voice of the furniture manufacturing industry towards other trade organizations, all EU authorities and international organizations such as the WTO, OECD, UNIDO, ETC.
2. To establish and represent the general interests of European furniture while ensuring the greatest possible influence on the rules, decisions and directives made or issued by international organizations and authorities.
3. To ensure a systematic and a complete awareness among its members of industrial, technical, fiscal, economic, social and research problems of the European furniture industry as well as about the regulations, decisions and directives relating to the industry made at European or international level.
4. To act as a link between the furniture organizations in the European countries in connection with the promotion of the sales of furniture in all markets.
5. To maintain and strengthen a flow of information between the UEA member federations and the furniture industry at large and to act as a forum of arbitration for the friendly settlement of disputes which may arise between members or individual member enterprises of member federations.
6. To represent and promote the furniture industry in its various aspects.
7. To this end to bring about its co-operation with national and international exhibitions.
8. To promote training of personnel and, in general, to act as a provider of services for the furniture industry.
9. To represent the employers in the EU furniture sectoral social dialogue.